Monday Photos and WeekEnd Assignments

Your Substitute Monday Photo Shoot #1: What's New? In honor of the new year, show us something new. It can be a gift you got over the holidays, something you gave yourself, or even something that symbolizes the New Year to you. If it's new, it'll do!

Here's mine:


Here is Max on his new rocking horse (Christmas Day). On a related note...at my mother's insistence, I have entered Max in the annual Regis and Kelly Beautiful Baby contest. If Max makes it to the finals, can I count on all my lovely readers to vote for him? LOL I know. The finals are about as likely as us winning the lottery. But I can be optimistic, right?


Weekend Assignment #196:
Now that the WGA strike has had lots of time to affect the prime time television schedules, how is it affecting you as a viewer? What show do you miss most, aside from reruns?

Oh man...it would be easier to ask what DON'T I miss. I'm a network TV junkie. Even some of my morning talk shows have been affected by the strike. If I had my way - every week (even during the summer) there would be a new episode of my favorite shows on. Reruns would air on off-hours or even on a different "rerun channel". I know, I know...that wouldn't be fair to the actors. They need vacations in St. Barts or San Moritz too. So I propose every show have 2 sets of actors. The Fall/Winter cast and the Spring/Summer cast. Just think! More out of work actors will get the opportunity to get a role on TV! And what a challenge to match the performance of the cast from the alternate seasons!

OK, my focus kinda wandered there for a moment. I miss Chuck, Heroes, Journey Man, Bones, House, Desperate Housewives, Medium, Ghost Whisperer, Moonlight, Las Vegas, Smallville, Supernatural, CSI, Ugly Betty, Prison Break, Kyle XY, umm.... I know I'm missing a couple. Good enough. How has the strike affected me? Good golly! I am watching "Crowned: The Mother of all Pageants" on CW; a reality show about a beauty pageant. AAAAAAHHHHH! Someone pay those writers what ever the hell they want. PLEASE!

Comments

Anonymous said…
First and most importantly, Max has my vote!

Now, for you my friend, you are watching waaaaay too much TV:)But I have to agree, reruns and the WGA strike have my panties in a knot. At my age I am lucky to remember what happened on the last episode when it was on last week. When you put reruns and then add a strike to that I am truly lost. Which takes me to Lost. It has been so long since I last saw that show that I will be LOST!
*Chuckle" Just a few shows, then! And Max is certainly photogenic on his new horsie!

(Aside - I've played catch-up a bit, but didn't leave a lot of comments. Congrats on hearing from Liz after all these years. Be happy - your camera is coming (I assume)!
Anonymous said…
So, is the camera there yet? Or did I miss the entry saying you got it? Of course I'd vote for Max! :-)

I don't watch much TV .. my thing is "Amazing Race" which of course doesn't need writers. Oh wait, 'Men in Trees' ... I miss that! Oh wait, thought of yet another. Oh my ... it seems since I've stopped working the evening job I do have a few shows. I also got hooked on the Women's Murder Club. That's it ... I think.

Monica, who is obviously more addicted to TV than I realized!

http://journals.aol.com/monicasmemoirs/midnight-conversations/

Popular Posts