Mom

Weekend Assignment #58: Post one of your favorite mother/child pictures. This could be a picture of you and your mother (at any age), or a picture of you with your children (again, at any age), or even one of your spouse and kids. But it should be a mother who is important to you personally.


Extra Credit (this is an optional part of the assignment): Share a piece of fun trivia about your mom.



Yep...there's me and my Mom on the beach in 1968.


Since I've posted this picture previously, I thought I would try and find one that I've never used in my journal before. Last time I was home, I secretly raided my Mom's drawer full of Kodak envelopes and stole a few pictures (she'll never miss them because she NEVER looks at the old photos). I've often asked for photos from my childhood, but she has only given me some cruddy scanned copies that were printed on my Dad's not so great color printer.


So, I came across this one:


We were on a family vacation the summer after my junior year in high school...age 16. This was the last time I went on vacation with my family until after I got married. My Mom hasn't changed much...she just decided to go with a lighter hair color.


Extra Credit:  Fun trivia about my Mom? Hmm. Oh! I got a good one. My mother was born with a rare condition called Felix Absentia...she has no sense of humor. None. Nada. Somehow she ended up in a family full of kidders, jokers and teasers. Do you have any idea what it's like to watch a movie like Naked Gun or Airplane and all she can say is "I don't get it..." Kill joy. I found a good photo to illustrate my point:



I was taking pictures of my parents (and my aunt and uncle) standing on the front steps of our old house years ago. My dad's hands started out on my mom's shoulders then he kiddingly slid them to her neck to pretend to choke her. I thought it was hysterical. Mom's reaction? In the photo she is in the middle of shrieking "Bob, stop it!" Heh heh she was so ticked off.


Seeing this photo after what my mom put me through this week...well, it's just making me smile. I have to say that I in NO WAY condone spousal abuse. My Dad has never raised a hand to my Mom (only to us kids).


*sigh*


I could have posted photos of Tyler and me, but my favorite one is already in my About Me section. :-)


Comments

Popular Posts