Time for another blabbity entry...

- *sigh* My mother wins. We finally gave in and are meeting them for a weekend at the Cape at her favorite resort. I hope she realizes we won't be doing THAT again any time soon. Ah well. It will get her off my case for a couple of years. I'm thinking we won't invite them to join us at the beach house next year, as originally planned. Hey Kim! Wanna go to the Outer Banks with us next year? LOL

- Tyler went back to camp today after being home sick for a week and a half. It was NOT a fun drop off. Poor kid. He really had a hard time saying goodbye today. Broke my heart! Hopefully he'll have fun at the beach with his grandparents in a few weeks. I came within inches of calling the school today to withdraw him from camp. It's only until the end of the month anyway and he just has NOT adjusted well. I don't know what we are going to do about preschool.

- Speaking of preschool. I called one of the schools on my list today to see how close they are to opening (remember there were 2 under construction near here). Turns out they are opening next Monday or the following Monday. I plan to schedule a tour and bring Ty with me. I'm waiting for a call back from the Director as I type.

- John is downstairs in the basement running on the treadmill. For a while, I thought he was doing laundry. That thing sounds just like the washing machine.

- Some interesting news. I've been doing some research and John and I have talked about it. We are changing tactics with our adoption. With our first child, I really wanted a newborn. I wanted to experience his birth, be there for every moment, get the full-on parenting experience. Ya know. Now that we have been there and done's not as important that our second child be a newborn (although it would be nice to do it all again). Because of wanting an infant, we had initially taken international adoption from any country (other than Korea) off our list. Since that is no longer the case, we have revisited adopting internationally. We have decided to pursue an adoption in China! I requested the paperwork from Holt International and am awaiting their information packet. From what I have read, from the time all our paperwork is submitted it will be about 7 months until we go to China to pick up our baby (who will be between 8 months and 14 months old and most likely a girl). I'll be posting about the process, step by step, here.

- OMG! We will be going to China early next year! For TWO WEEKS! Holy crap! I can't even get my head around that right now.


Popular Posts