Shh! Santa just left...


It's 1:00 AM and I couldn't resist snapping a few pics of Tyler's latest Christmas treasures. I just wish Santa wouldn't leave the assembly chores to US. Heh. I think Ty will be pleased. I am wondering if he will leave his mini-trampoline at all to go down into the living room to see the rest of his presents. Last year when he got his Spiderman play house and the Spiderman and Friends rescue center (or what ever it's called), he parked himself down to play immediately and didn't even open the rest of his gifts until the next day. This is the problem with having limited space in the living room. Santa leaves the large items upstairs where they get spotted first.


For those who were curious, yes I did manage to find everything I needed at the supermarket today...er...yesterday. The only problem? There were only 2 fresh turkeys left (remember, I couldn't buy frozen because it's too late to wait for a 3 day defrost)...20 lbs and 21.7 lbs. Oh boy! So yes. I am cooking a 20 lb turkey for THREE PEOPLE tomorrow morning. Eh. That's ok. I love turkey and I can freeze the leftovers. We'll have turkey soup, turkey tetrazzini, turkey sandwiches, turkey salad, turkey kabobs and anything else I can think of. ;-)

I probably won't have time to post later today (but then, you never know)...so Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

Eeeeeee! I can't wait until morning. What is more fun that watching a kid at Christmas? Well, maybe BEING a kid at Christmas; but I'll settle for the former.

Comments

jennifer said…
Merry Christmas Becky, and especially, Tyler.
Donna. W said…
You can freeze left-over turkey, too. I have so many good recipes using turkey, I only wish I were close enough to talk you out of some of yours. We're having ham.
Ann Marie said…
Merry Christmas Becky, Just wanted to let you know I stopped by and had a very enjoyable time. I hope that this morning's present-giving was as happy as you have always remembered. AND, that somebody remembered batteries for the camera. Tyler's previous films should all be rated E for EXCELLENT! Again Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Christmas is over, but I hope you all had a wonderful day, and enjoyed yourselves immensly. My dayt was odd, but good. Margo
Anonymous said…
I hope that you, Ty and John had a WONDERFUL, happy, fun filled Christmas. I think you are going to be SO sick of turkey in the next few days. Love, lisa jo
Anonymous said…
Love how you have this blog set up Becki! Love the snowflakes and music....and Happy Holidays to you and yours! Hope Santa was good to all of you :-)

www.jerseygirljournal.com
Maybe the Bumpuses' dogs can help you out with the leftovers. ;)

One year, I had friend to Christmas or Thanksgiving dinner - I think it was Thanksgiving, - and didn'tmake it to the store in time. One of the friends brought over chicken drumsticks from her freezer, and we cooked those for dinner.

- K.

Popular Posts