Preschool

Well...we went to visit the first of three preschools on my list today. It's a 20 minute drive and that could wear on me after a while. I like the looks of the school. It's in an old converted Victorian. and they have a nice sized play area in the back. The inside and outside looks very well maintained. The teachers we met seem very nice. The kids were amazingly well behaved. I just wish I had seen the kids in a more normal mode.


They were in the midst of practicing for "graduation". It was so cute. Each of the kids has selected (or was assigned) a character from children's literature and they have to give a speech about themselves. The kids were sitting on the floor and one at a time, each would stand and practice their speech. The rest of the kids were very attentive and respectful. Amazing.


Several of the kids were very curious about us as we came through the door and stared at Tyler. He was acting painfully shy and wanted NOTHING to do with being inside the school. He was quite vocal and disruptive. A tad embarrassing, but heck he's never been in school before.


I loved everything I saw and heard except ONE thing. I asked about being able to stay with Tyler the first couple days until he gets used to the environment. They DISCOURAGE that. They want me to dump and run and let them handle the aftermath. Ugh. I just don't know if I can leave him if he's crying and hysterical.


They also have a wait list for Fall. I knew my procrastinating was going to come back and bite me in the ass. I'll just cross fingers and hope it all works out.


I am going to have to do some serious prep work with him to get him used to the idea of school. "Camp" at the school starts the week of July 4th. Wish me luck.


Comments

Popular Posts