Wisdom

Weekend Assignment #54: Tell us all a single piece of wisdom you've learned from personal life experience.


(Disclaimer: This entry is not intended for any woman who was easily able to conceive and birth their child. I am a happily married woman who suffered the pain of infertility and this is the wisdom that most resonated with me.)


I've learned many valuable lessons in my life time, but the single bit of wisdom that I find myself passing along the most often is directed at women desperate to have a baby:


Do you want a baby? Or a pregnancy?


The answer, naturally, is a baby. Sure, the whole 9 months of morning sickness, stretch marks, back pain, incontinence, and that little thing they call LABOR would be a swell experience. But really, what is more important?


Being a parent and raising a happy and hopefully healthy child.


Consider adoption, you'll be glad you did.


Comments

Popular Posts