Ability

Things I used to be able to do (and wish I still could):


1. Play the violin.


2. Ride a skateboard.


3. Do the splits.


4. Do a backbend (more the yoga style...push myself up from the floor until my back and body arch like a rainbow)


5. Fit into a size 10.


6. Ride all the rides at Six Flags without throwing up, feeling too dizzy or having "fit" issues.


7. Ride a bike.


8. Dance ballet in toe shoes.


9. Twirl a baton.


10. Ride a horse.


11. Play tennis.


12. See my feet when I look down from a standing position.


13. Do a high kick like David Lee Roth in the video for Jump.


14. Hula hoop.


15. Ice skate.



I knew if I made a list, I would find it enlightening. I was an active and talented kid. I wonder why I never FELT like I was back when I could do all these things.

Comments

Popular Posts