More ?s

A few more questions have trickled in, so here we go:


1. If you were a vegetable, what would you be and why? Well...I could say one of the lesser liked veggies (less chance of being eaten) but I think I would rather be one that is really useful. Corn. Corn is made into so many useful things and it's the #1 grain that we export to the starving masses overseas. Corn sweeteners (high fructose corn syrup and others), Ethanol (a cleaner burning alternative fuel), Corn oil, Corn starch, popcorn, animal feed, and corn by-products which are made into MANY other things like cleaning products, golf tees, adhesives, batteries, tires, crayons, textiles, antibiotics, aspirin, body lotion, drug coatings, lipstick, and other pharmaceuticals. Oh, and don't forget biodegradable packing peanuts and this cool stuff called Water Lock which is a super absorbent polymer than can suck up 20 times its own weight in water. Yeah, corn. That's the ticket!
2. If you could do anything, be great at it, get paid well for it, and be appreciated for it, what would you be? Oh that's easy. I'd be the next J.K. Rowling (a now famous children's book author widely credited for bringing "reading" back into vogue with today's youth).
3. If you had to choose to be any character in any book/movie/play/show of your choice, but you had to live out that story line forever, who would you choose? Well...Melanie Griffith's character (Tess McGill) in Working Girl rather mirrors my own life...so that makes a sort of logical sense to me. She gets the job, the recognition and the man in the end (and a very GOOD looking man is Harrison Ford too, I must add)... But I somehow think I can do better. Angelina Jolie (Laura Croft) in Tomb Raider. She looks HOT, has oodles of money, a nice house and a cool and exciting lifestyle/hobby. Add a hot looking love interest, and I think that is the way to go.
~Danielle
Comment from danielled1 - 12/18/04 11:06 PM



1) Did you ever drink 'MOXIE'? While I have a lot of moxie, no, I have never personally tasted our nation's first mass marketed soft drink. I was not allowed to have soda as a child and now that I live outside Massachusetts, it's just not very easy to find.
2) Why can you never find Pineapple 'JELLO'? Well...the stocking of particular flavors of Jell-o on your supermarket shelves is driven by purchasing statistics. I'm willing to guess that "pineapple" just doesn't sell well in your area and is, therefore, not stocked. I have it at my local supermarket and will happily ship you some boxes, if you like? OR you can make your own with a packet of Knox gelatin and a cup of canned pineapple juice substituted for the cold water. Don't use fresh pineapple juice. Pineapple belongs to a group of plants called Bromeliads. Kiwi, papaya, and figs are other types of Bromeliads. The enzyme in pineapple juice that is responsible for the breakdown of collagen is bromelin. The process of canning pineapple denatures the bromelin, rendering it incapable of catalyzing the break down of gelatin.
3) And why do you never see baby pigeons? Well firstly, from their earliest origins in Asia, pigeons were cliff-dwelling birds. Today's modern pigeon makes its nest in equally inaccessible locations like on top of tall buildings or in the girders of bridges. Secondly, pigeons are non pareil (they lay only 2 eggs at a time and spoil their babies excessively). Momma and Daddy pigeon will feed their babies until they are completely feathered out. By the time they leave the nest, the are almost the same size as the adults. So, if you see a pigeon that is smaller than the others, he is probably the "baby". But all pigeons pretty much look alike by the time they land on your sidewalk looking for scraps so the only way to know for sure is to keep a coop full on your roof and watch the whole process from the beginning.
Comment from bosoxblue6993w - 12/19/04 8:45 AM


Via email, Ingrid2365 asks:
1. If you could be a holiday, which one would you be? Halloween!
2. Why? I love the costumes, the candy, and the controversy. My mother has always called me a non-conformist. I like to be different and Halloween is the perfect day for that.
3. What is your favorite kind of music? Oh my...now that is a hard question. It's much easier to answer what is my least favorite kind of music (that would be Country and Western). I love SO many different kinds of music it would be hard to pick just one type as a favorite. I love classical, big band, swing, do-wop, rock, hard rock, opera, alternative rock, heavy metal, ska, Hawaiian, punk, easy listening...music from the 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, and today.

Comments

Popular Posts