I got it for my birthday and I brought my new camera to school especially for Field Day that day. It was a Kodak Pocket Instamatic. It used 110mm size film - this weird narrow cartridge - and the flash was a four-sided cube that sat on top of this tall, black, stalk-like attachment. It was fixed focus and manual advance. I still have the photos from that day. Funny what you remember. It was also the first time I won a ribbon for anything...a pretty red second place ribbon for tug-a-war, and a bunch of white "participant" ribbons. No blue ribbons, but I was still pretty pleased with myself.
Weird things I took pictures of on that first roll of film:
1. My parents' console TV - off.
2. My Barbie dolls lined up in all their finery on the sofa.
3. My dog taking a pee on the deck (no no Buffy! no!)
4. Attempted to take pics of my favorite TV shows (in the hopes of claiming I met and got a picture of someone famous so I could brag to my friends)
Weird things my little brother took pictures of:
1. One of my Barbies, nude and headless, sitting on the coffee table
2. His hand.