Teen Hijinx

For the last few nights we've been the victims of a serial ding-dong-ditcher, with a twist. This kid(s?) waits until just after we shut the lights off at the boys' bedtime before he (they) strikes. Not only does the door bell ring about 10 times in rapid succession, but he also hammers on the screen door for good measure.

John has taken the bait a couple times, going to the door to see if anyone was there. Tonight, after the DDDer hit for the second time in an hour, John ran out onto the front lawn, shook his fist in the air and yelled, "You damn hooligans! If you do it again, I'm calling the cops!" Or something like that. Jeeze, what are we, 80?

While I am a tad angry that these teens strike when we're trying to get our kids to sleep, I can't help but grin a little too. If this is all the trouble our neighborhood kids are going to get into, I'll sleep better at night. Hey, it's better than them smashing our car windows to steal our stereos to fund their crack habit or something, right?

Comments

Unhinged said…
Well, when you put it that way, I guess.

But it's still a crappy thing to do. What's wrong with toilet papering the tress?!
Unhinged said…
Um.

treeeeees
Donna. W said…
I'd hide around the corner outside and surprise them.
BosieLadie said…
Hopefully, hubby has scared them off. Kids!
Anonymous said…
Here's a suggestion, don't react. If you do it becomes more fun and then it escalates as they grow older...but then you already knew that. This too shall pass:)
Carly said…
LOL

As Alan and I were driving down our street the other day, I noticed that one of the yards had been TP'd. LOL. I looked at Alan and said, "Hey look honey... signs of spring." LOL. Ah yes, summer is in their sights. :) Oh for the good old days, when I could stay up later enough to get into trouble. Good times. (GRIN)

Always, Carly
Liz said…
I guess if that's the worst trouble they get into, then we (& they) are ok...annoying as it is. Tell John to just ignore it...if they get no reaction, they'll get bored & just move on. I also like Donna's suggestion...pop out & surprise the sh*t out of 'em! LOL

Hugz,
~~Aunt Nub~~
freeepeace said…
LOL!! hooligans? 80? Very Leave It To Beaver ish. I love it.

Play back. Rig your doorbell to some Nickelodeon-style green slime or put some neon paint over plastic on your welcome mat so the kids track it in to their homes. hehehe.

Or, just hide around the corner and scare the crap outta them when they come to the door. BOO!! RAH!!

I know. I'm a dork. But what fun!

Popular Posts