RIP Ollie

Farewell to the last of Disney's "nine old men" - Ollie Johnston.



They don't make animators like him any more. Really, he was responsible for the "cute" fairies in Sleeping Beauty (Flora, Fauna & Merryweather) but I can't resist showing a clip of my personal favorite character, Maleficent. I named my Second Life avatar after her. LOL

I was raised on Disney classics like Bambi, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella. There are those who say that Disney warped generations of females into believing that, somewhere out there, was a handsome prince who would ride in on a white steed and sweep a girl off her feet; and nothing less would do. I say what's wrong with that?

How does the saying go - You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince.

Comments

Anonymous said…
"somewhere out there, was a handsome prince who would ride in on a white steed and sweep a girl off her feet; and nothing less would do. I say what's wrong with that?"

Ask my daughter?:)
"Prince"...it's all relative I guess. Her's turned out to be a toad.

Popular Posts