More bad news...

Maybe I need to change the name of my blog. When Life Takes You...to the hospital. Again and again. Ugh.

It's Max's turn (AGAIN!) The poor little kid can't catch a break. If it's not big brother caused injury, it's mysterious ailments the doctors are left scratching their heads about. Not good.

And that is where we are now. Max is in the hospital and the doctors are all scratching their heads. We feel so warm and fuzzy. Not. He's had fever spikes for a week now. His hands and feet are peeling. His lymph nodes in his groin and neck are big and headed for huge. He complains about pains in various places in his body. And the icing on the cake, he also has an outer-ear infection...which the doctors assure us would not cause any of the other symptoms including the fever. Good to know.

They have bandied about everything from Kawasaki syndrome to Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis. All are freak-out worthy.

So 4 IV stick attempts later, 5 vials of blood, a chest x-ray, other assorted poking and prodding, hospital hamburger and tater tots (eww), peeing in a bag, and a partridge in a pear tree - Max finally passed out in his Daddy's arms and I drove Tyler home for the night. If they keep Max another night, I'll swap with John tomorrow and lather, rinse, repeat.

If you are a praying sort and think it's just a bad idea for adorable nearly 3 year olds to have mystery illnesses that keep them stuck in a hospital, say a few for our little Max? Thanks.

Now it's time to crawl into bed with my clingy and seriously worried 7 year old. Poor kid. At least this time the hospital trip isn't his fault. Guilt has a bad affect on his sleeping patterns. And since he will be sleeping with me tonight, I'd rather not get hit, kicked or pee'd on all night or woken by yelling/screaming. *sigh*

Geeze, worry makes me really bitchy and sarcastic. I need to work on that.

Comments

Astaryth said…
Poor little guy! And so scary for you, your husband and his big brother too! You are all definitely in my thoughts and all kinds of good energy headed your way. Hope they figure out what is wrong quickly. Hugs for you all!
Anonymous said…
Thinking of you all m'dear... hoping that they figure out what's causing this super quickly, and that your Max is feeling lots better soon.
Sara xxx
Emily Suess said…
That's a nightmare, Becky! Poor kiddo. Praying the find out what it is and are able to treat it...and SOON. Thinking of you and your family.
Donna. W said…
Sorry about all this, Becky. I remember the times when, as a parent, I would gladly have taken my children's pain myself if it would have given them some relief.
jennifer said…
Oh Becky. Poor little Max. You can bet you'll be getting some urgent messages to the big guy from me. Please keep us informed.

Hugs to all of you. And may the doctors find out the cause of this sooner than soon.
Unhinged said…
I'm sending you all my Xs and Os, woman. Whenever you need them, they're there. I'll be thinking and praying for Max. Gah, it just breaks my heart when kids don't feel well. There isn't much that's sadder than that.

{{{ Max }}}
Bridgett said…
Oh man. :(
I sure hope he's feeling better and is okay.

Definitely sending healing thoughts to Max.

Please keep us updated.

Big hugs and bright blessings to you all.
Barbara said…
Becky, I am sorry to hear about Max, poor kid, and family too. I will keep you all in my prayers.
Unknown said…
We are all thinking of you guys. Hope Max is better soon. Now's the time to call in any playdates or help from school friends for Ty. I know I would totally offer if we were close.
Anonymous said…
as soon as I read about the feet peeling I thought Kawasaki...no huh? what a nightmare this not knowing...you are all in my thoughts///netti

Popular Posts