Cyber Stalker...

Wow! Two blog posts in one day. When was the last time THAT happened? A lot on my mind lately, but no clear path to put it in writing.

I suddenly realized today that I hadn't heard from my bio-mom in a long while. After the excitement of meeting her for the first time, in person; I'm not really sure what I was expecting beyond that point. So I sent her an email today just to let her know I was thinking about her.

Then I Googled her. Yes, again.

Boy has she been busy! She has both a FaceBook page AND is on Twitter now among dozens of other new links. I was seconds from clicking the add friend link on FaceBook when I hesitated. Would that be weird? I know people have popped out of the woodwork and asked ME to be a FaceBook friend (and I was pleased as punch to say yes) but would that kind of overture be welcome in this case. I wonder. Then I found her on Twitter. She has 609 followers, so I would be relatively faceless in the crowd, but I hesitated again.

Yep. I am feeling very cyber stalkerish.

*sigh*

edited to add: I am not looking to replace my "real" mother. I just think it would be really cool to be friends with my bio-mom. Nuff said.

Comments

Donna. W said…
That isn't stalkish. You want to know your roots.

I think this is what you need to keep in mind: Yes, she is your bio-mom. However, she isn't your REAL mom.

But remember, I don't know what the hell I'm talking about, since I haven't had your experience. So take me with a grain of salt.
Bridgett said…
I don't think it's stalker-ish in the least.

She's your bio mom. That counts for something.

And really...if she has 609 friends, I'd say she adds them rather indiscriminately. LOL Who in the world knows 609 people? Not I.

Anyway, I say go for it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

XXOO
There's no law that says either/or regarding birthparents and parents.

I agree with you that you should have a chance at both.

Your viewpoints really help me understand my children better. Your children are lucky to have you.

Good luck with your decision, Becky.
BosieLadie said…
I don't know... I think you're very fortunate to have met your bio-mom in person. I think if your relationship warrants the connection online, go for it. What do you have to lose? You have only to gain another person in life that loves you. I searched for my bio-dad and only found him after he had passed away. He never knew my brother and I, nor our kids, his 6 grandkids. After his passing, I found out that he never had any more children. I felt very sad that he didn't get to know me and my brother. I don't know how if this will help you decide one way or another, but keeping in touch has to be up to you. I was adopted by my mother's 2nd husband, my "real dad." I understand totally.
C
Chris said…
609 friends? No wonder you haven't heard much from her, sounds like she's addicted to facebook, ha ha.
Anonymous said…
I would feel the same way. There is a connection that you can't help but wonder about.
Anonymous said…
wow how did she get so many twitter friends, what does she write about? I never did get twiiter though, seemed like self promotion every twitter I read....so I kinda am sticking with facebook here//netti

Popular Posts