Post Vacation Thoughts
- Eating sand and then sneezing will make sandy snot come out of your nose.
- $25 in tokens at the arcade converts into 164 tickets which redeems for two small sacks of penny candy. Tyler's response to my comment on how much candy $25 would buy us at the supermarket? "Yeah, but Mom, the supermarket isn't FUN." Point taken.
- Mango scented bubble bath poured generously into an oversized Jacuzzi (jets on) will create a scene very close to that one in the Brady Bunch with Bobby pouring too much laundry soap into the washing machine.
- You can't tell a 21 month old that he is "too small" to go down the slides at the water park. He will prove you WRONG every time. What a dare devil Max is!
- A good dad WILL go into the water park 7 times in a row just to make his boys happy. You are a trooper babe.
- Never say, "Don't give him that! He won't eat it!" Because you know what? He will. (Note to self - Max likes asparagus, cottage cheese, creamed spinach, broccoli, and miso soup)
- Remember to put sun screen on the back of your neck and shoulders, unless you think that whole "red neck" look is sexy on a woman.
- Don't bring the wicked expensive digital camera to a water park because you damn well know you won't dare use it and now you have no photos from part of your vacation. *sigh*
- Trying to shimmy your toddler into a cold clammy wet swimsuit will cause him to say several new words - "Yuck! Ick! Wet! and No!"
- A bath towel makes a great blanky sub when Mommy forgets to pack the bedding for your pack n play...according to Max.
- Sofa beds are like magic to a small child who has never seen Daddy turn the couch into a bed before. That same child will lift the sofa cushions repeatedly when you return home trying to find the magic bed.
- Leaving your sweet fluffy kitty alone for several days will turn him into this:
Back to reality. But first, a vacation video: