Perfect Timing

For several months now, Max has been objecting strongly to having his diaper changed. It's not that he hates being clean...more that he hates having to lie down and be still for a few minutes. So I've developed a rapid standing diaper change method. (Obviously only works for pee and not poopie diapers.) I can yank down his shorts, whip off the dirty dipe, brace the clean one against his butt with one hand and fasten the tabs with the other, adjust leg openings, pull up shorts and voila! Done in about 30 seconds flat.

Well today, as I reached for the clean diaper, Max started to pee like gang busters all over me and everything else in firing range. He hasn't done that since he was a newborn. Heh. I guess this means I need to move even faster in the future. I'll be very happy when we start potty training. Maybe in a couple months. He's not quite ready yet.

Comments

Donna. W said…
Better to be pissed on than pissed off. Right?
IndigoSunMoon said…
Oh do I ever remember those days! My Cody hated having his diaper changed more than anything. It was like trying to diaper a wildcat! Well, that wildcat is now 24, and yet I still see him in my minds eye as that little curly haired blonde baby boy squiggling around yelling and screaming...and all to get a clean butt.
LOL
Connie
freeepeace said…
The quick-draw diaper-change would make a GREAT comedy spoof video. Sorry, guess I think more visually these days. :)
Chris said…
When you do that in 30 seconds and are finished, do you throw your hands up like a cowboy in a radio and shout "TIME!?!"
Unhinged said…
Great Googly Moogly, I swear on whatever is Sacred.

I don't know HOW you mommies do it.

I'd freak.

And not in a good way.
Anonymous said…
Oh the joys of motherhood:) I've been MIA for a bit. I have some catching up to do.
Heehee, good aim little man, good aim. :P

It's so fun to read about Max growing and Tyler getting soooo big.
I know I shouldn't be laughing, but I am.

Sorry.

Popular Posts