Candy

Has anyone else gone out and bought their Halloween candy yet? We got ours yesterday. Tyler and I had fun last night ripping open all the bags and filling up my huge witch's cauldron.


Then I noticed something...


Not only was there fewer candy bars in each bag, the candy bars themselves were SMALLER. The more I thought about it, the more ticked off at the candy manufacturers I got.


Do they think we are stupid? We won't notice half the amount of candy/half the size and same price as last year per bag? But what can we do about it.


Am I forced to purchase those weird cheap candies imported from China just so I have something to pass out to the costumed hoards we get each year? I remember my reaction to weird off-brand candies in my sack back in the days when I was a Trick-or-Treater. I gave them to my Dad or tossed them.


I don't want to be "the lady with the gross candy" who gets egged every year. I want to be the lady with the cool glowing stuff AND cool candy.


*sigh*


Who knew Halloween would become such a popularity contest and I would have to sell my soul to M&M/Mars?

Comments

Popular Posts