Memory Lane

I spent 5 days combing through 12 years worth of digital photography. Why? I was loading up a 4 GB compact flash drive for use in a digital picture frame I bought a number of years ago. It's been sitting on the floor in my office for ages and I finally decided it was time to set it up. Even when I first bought it, I knew it was going to be a HUGE project to undertake. See, I take a LOT of pictures. In the end, I have well over 1000 of my all time favorites from my photo collection on this CF card. (I wonder if I should upload them all into an album somewhere...who would ever take the time to look at that many pictures all at once!)

The frame is on my desk, at the moment and I find myself glancing at the slide show in a kind of mesmeric haze. We really have had a lot of good times over the years. So far! I am not done yet!

One funny side-effect of looking at over a decade of photos, sorted by date...it has sure brought back a lot of memories! It even caused one nightmare. I woke in a panic thinking Tyler had escaped out the front door (I think the door slamming at just before 8 am this morning may have triggered the dream.) When he was a toddler, he was an escape artist. We had gates all over the house trying to contain him. He would often try and let himself out the front door. Luckily, we always caught him before he escaped. We can laugh about it now...but the child needed a crib tent just to keep him in his bed at night. What a little monkey!

See this setup? It was the only thing that gave me peace of mind.


We also had the door chime enabled on our security system so we'd get an alert every time a door was opened. You just never knew... I can laugh now. Tyler is 11 so I don't feel quite so nervous if he decides to walk out the front door. Heh. Ok. Maybe a little bit nervous.

*sigh* Where does the time go. I do miss this little monkey. He was so tall at 3! Wow.


Comments

Popular Posts