Sicky

Do you think it's possible to make another person sick just through the power of will?


We have plans to go visit my parents this weekend. Those of you who have been reading my journal for a while know that I have a rather...er...conflicted relationship with my family. I have been deeply dreading this particular visit since the blowup I had with my mother over Mother's Day.


In the wee hours of the morning, Tyler woke up moaning about his stomach and my husband (and his lightening fast reflexes) actually caught the ensuing projectile vomit in his bare hands. Eww...yes, but better than having it land all over the bed or Tyler. How many Dads do you know who are willing to do something that yucky for the sake of their kid? (I love you honey!)


After dealing with the sudden onslaught of illness and coaxing Tyler back to sleep, we all passed out until after 1pm today. Obviously, we were all tired! Upon waking, Tyler's temp was 102. Not good. He is doing a bit better now, since the Motrin started working, but he is complaining about not being able to poop. That is a first for him. He has NEVER been constipated before. Poor kid...today has been one thing after another.


Which brings me back to my original thought.


*sigh*


I am now waiting to hear back from my mother. I left her a message earlier telling her about Tyler's illness. I am not looking forward to this conversation.


Comments

Popular Posts