Hugs

"Mommy? My blankies need a hug..."


I looked down at my precious boy as he piled his collection of security blankets into my arms. I gave the blankets a squeeze and said, "Awww blankies...thanks for taking such good care of my Tyler. Ty? Blankies say they love you."


Tyler grinned at me. "Mommy? Can I have a lifty-up hug too?"


I lifted him into my arm and cuddled him to my chest along with his pile of blankies. As he rested his head on my shoulder and wrapped his arms around my neck I heard him sigh with contentment.


"You're the nicest Mommy in the whole world...!"


As I was blinking away my sudden rush of tears, I squeezed my boy a little tighter and buried my face in his sweet smelling hair.


I don't know if I am the nicest Mommy in the whole world, but I sure feel like the luckiest.


Comments

Popular Posts