Nikon Coolpix S3600

In case anyone was wondering what nifty little purchase I made on Prime Day... I got a Coolpix S3600. It's pink on the front and purple on the back! *squee* It fits into my purse better than my cheapy "smart" phone does and has better specs than my full sized DSLR. Which is kinda sad. But I'm happy to have something very light weight and easily portable. 


Now for the bad parts. The internal memory holds 5 (FIVE!) pictures and it didn't come with an SDHC card. That stinks, but it was quickly remedied. (Those little cards are pretty cheap these days.) The next problem came when I tried to off-load the 5 (FIVE!) whole photos I took. I plugged the USB cable into my hub and the entire hub powered down. Boom. 

Harrumph. 

So I juggled plugs and moved the cable to one of my front USB outlets. Boom, all the front ports shut down. WTF. One visit to the Nikon website later and the less than helpful help article recommends I use an available REAR USB port. Why?! For gosh sakes, whyyyy?? 

Double Harrumph. 

This is going to take some gymnastics and major cable wrangling... wish me luck. I should have gotten the newest version of this little gem. It has WIFI. WI-freakin-FI. Dang it. But hey, it was cheap. tongue emoticon and PINK.

Update:  As I suspected, the cable was bad. It was causing a short. One cheap replacement cable later and I was in business. Camera charges, syncs/transfers, and works great. Photo example below:

Max at Lake Mohawk Pool

Comments

Popular Posts