Apples

I chose not to focus on all the negative things that happened yesterday (drama at school with Tyler) or the government shut-down...instead, I'll think about another bright spot.

In the supermarket with Max, we took a detour through produce to select fruit and veggie trays for his at-school birthday celebration on Thursday. Max stopped in the apple isle and had me read each sign. He wanted to know the names of all the apple varieties. So many varieties this month! He found the "pink ladies" particularly amusing. Then he pounced on a yellow packet at the end of the isle. Caramel wraps for making caramel apples. Yum! I agreed to buy them. We need something to make with all the apples I want to pick this weekend.

I am not a baker. My mother used to make decent pies and apple crisp, but I won't attempt it. Especially now. What if it turns out amazing? I can't eat pie. LOL Shortly after discovering the caramel wraps, Max discovered ready-made candied apples dipped in coconut shavings. He wanted to buy those too. They looked so pretty... No. We were making our own. Who wants store made ones? I did grab a bag of natural coconut shavings so Max can decorate his apples. I'm still surprised he wanted it. I don't think he has ever tasted anything with coconut, but it sure does look pretty.

Hopefully my next entry will have beautiful photos of our apple picking adventure. I haven't been to a farm in a few years. All the walking was too daunting a prospect. I'm nervous, but the desire to take photos of a fun family outing is trumping my doubts.

Comments

Popular Posts