I believe I can fly...

Max is going through the "super hero" phase of his childhood. Tyler also went through this phase when he was four. Sadly, it lasted barely a year and he was on to other things. I still remember fondly that Halloween when he couldn't decide between Spider Man and Superman - so I bought both costumes. He was so cute...running all over the house in his cape yelling, "I superman! I fly!" *sniff*

Thankfully, I have a new tiny superhero to pick up where Ty left off. Max loves Spider Man, Wolverine, Hulk, Captain America, Kitty Pride (X-Men) and all the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. He wears Tyler's old Spider Man costume to bed (and yes, it is very tight on him since Ty was 4 and Max is 6.) Max will occasionally don a cape and run through the house, but he is all about the sound effects. "Jeeeeeeerrrrrooom! Zoom! Zoom!"

He has made up several super hero names for himself but spends most of his time drawing himself and his buddy Sean as their favorite heroes and villains doing epic battle. He also wants to take lessons in some kind of martial art. I am still pondering that one. I have a hard enough time trying to keep the boys from killing each other without training one to fight. Eeesh.

Yet, I am still enjoying the heck out of this time. Max and I have watched many hours of super hero cartoons and movies together. I hope he never grows out of this phase. I'd love to have someone to leave all my comic books to one day.

In the meantime, Santa is taking full advantage and has loaded up his sleigh with lots of hero gear for my little man.  He already has the most amazing Spider Man sneakers. Check 'em out!  I think this weekend we may watch either the first Iron Man movie or Captain America. With great power comes great responsibility, people. Max is on the job.

Comments

Popular Posts